Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy (belated) Halloween from the Chinatown YSA!

The highlight of this week was definitely the super awesome Chinatown YSA Halloween activity we had yesterday night!  So it was a few days late...that's okay, it's not like most Chinese people celebrate Halloween, anyway.



But really, it was SUPER COOL.  We had a dinner, then pumpkin carving, followed by "traditional American" Halloween games.  These games included "Guess the Body Part" (with the occasional real hand... Sister Palmer surprised a LOT of people, and I almost died laughing),


 a doughnut eating contest, 


decorating caramel apples, mummy wrapping (the Blairs are definitely the best dressed at the party....), and much, much more.  


Well, not that much, but there was a photo booth.  I haven't had this much fun at a church activity in a LONG time, and I think that people will actually want to come to YSA activities from here on out.


Missionary work continues to be missionary work, and I am excited at the progress we are seeing in some of our investigators.  It is always so exciting to see people start to use the gospel in their lives.  The change in how they act, and even in their appearance, is noticeable and uplifting.  I am ever-grateful to be able to serve here in Chinatown.  I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be.

It is a little strange to think that next week starts my last transfer in the mission.  It has been nice to have my companions so focused on doing the work so there is little to no chance that I will be distracted from it.  My dad keeps writing and telling me that I should run across the finish line, not jog, and that is exactly what I plan to do. :)

Until next week,
Sister Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment