Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!

This week has been one of miracles!

As my good friend Christopher Dean once told me, "Miracles happen every day of your mission.  If you don't see one, you aren't looking hard enough."  Last week I wrote my mom about miracles, and what goes into accomplishing a miracle.  What it really comes down to, I have decided, is faith: faith that the Lord will provide the miracle when it is needed, not when I want it. Faith that when the miracle comes, that it will serve the people it needs to. And faith that God is a God of miracles; He loves us and wants us to feel that love. Our experiences this week have helped us to see how important miracles are in this work and how we have been blessed with an opportunity to serve. The past two days we have had several "surprise lessons" (where we either found someone on the street who was interested in the gospel, or someone's schedule opened up, that sort of thing) where I have felt the Spirit directing our teaching. It was exciting, since we had very short notice before the lesson started that it would be happening, and we had to rely completely on the Spirit to help us know how to move forward. It was a great experience for both Sister Lee and me to teach those lessons. I think these people have a lot of potential to progress!

What really happened to make these miracles happen, though, is trusting that the Lord would help us do the things that we need to do.  Every week we set goals as missionaries to direct our focus for the week.  We realized that in order to meet our goals this week, we would need to get a certain amount of lessons every day.  So far, we have met those goals each day for lessons, although in ways that we did not think we would!  Heavenly Father really is blessing us here in Chinatown.

This week is a shorter letter because we are meeting at one to go to the Bronx Zoo!  It should be lots of fun, but it takes a while to get there.  Even though what Chris said applied to missions, I think it applies to our everyday lives as well.  If you see any awesome miracles in your life this week, feel free to post them in a response here or send me a letter.  I would love to hear about them!

You are amazing. :)

Love,
Sister Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment