Friday, July 26, 2013

110 in the Shade: in which Sister Beer gets a watch tan

Okay, so maybe it isn't that hot, but I do have a watch tan.  And it's still really hot.  Yesterday was 92 degrees F with really high humidity.  Walking outside was like walking into a really humid oven.  Or a steamer.  You pick.

With all of the craziness last week, I forgot to mention that we have a couple of new missionaries!  Sister Tung hails from Northern Taiwan, and is super awesome.  Sister Lee is training her (my little girl is all grown up!) and they are doing well, from the looks of it.  Sister Tung has graduated from college with a degree in social sciences.  We are super happy to have her here. :)  There is another elder coming today, but I haven't met him yet.  He was in the MTC a week past our transfer day, so Elder Cook (his trainer) got to go up and meet him last night.  We talked to him on the phone yesterday when Elder Cook, who is also our District Leader, called to see how our day went.  I would tell you his name, but then I might embarrass myself by spelling it wrong, so I'd better wait until next week.  Actually, Elder Radford just walked by, so I met him and asked him how to spell his name!  He seems pretty cool, from the 30 seconds I talked to him.

I don't have too much time (when do I ever these days?), but I figured I would leave with some spiritual food for thought.  This week we taught a lesson in Relief Society all about preparing for disasters.  I realized as we taught that spiritual preparedness is just as important as physical preparedness.  It was good to think back at how my parents helped me to prepare spiritually for times of trouble.  One of my favorite scriptures for those times is 3 Nephi 22:10.  I'll let you go look it up and think about it on your own time, rather than boring you with my commentary.

I love you all!

Sister Caitlin Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment