Friday, July 26, 2013

Splits and meetings and splits and meetings and splits and meetings and.....



Starting this cycle we have eight sister companionships in Manhattan, which means that we average about two splits a week.  Add onto that the zone conference, leadership council, and other meetings we have and it makes for a busy next few weeks.  We'll see how much time Sister Woo and I have to breathe.

All that being said, it beats having an empty schedule.  Never a dull moment as a Manhattan missionary.

Actually, I really love splits.  It is sometimes difficult to be away from my companion as long as I have to be, but there is so much learning that happens on exchanges and I really enjoy getting to know all the sisters here in the city.  We have some awesome people here, and they all have incredible stories of how they got on a mission, and why they have decided to stay.

That has been something I have been thinking about recently, actually.  So many people talk about why they come on missions.  What interests me at this point is what keeps people serving.  Why do we continue to serve, even when it is difficult?  This isn't restricted to missionary work, it's encompasses any calling or service within the Church, or really any responsibility that we have in life.  What keeps us going?  For me, I think the answer lies in the blessings that I see in my life and the lives of others.  Too many good things happen as a result of doing what the Lord asks.  And to add on to that, every time a good thing happens I realize even more how much the Lord cares and how much more I want to serve Him in return.  It's an awesome cycle.

I would love to hear what you all have to think about the subject.  What keeps you going?

You are an incredible group of people.  Thanks for your love and support as we serve!

Love,
Sister Beer


Aaaaaand:

Finally some pictures!

























Sister Woo and me in front of Yankee's Stadium at the ball game.  Super fun, by the way.

 

The subway is sending subliminal messages!  The coolest thing about this picture is that about two weeks later I sat down on the subway, looked up, and saw this EXACT seat.  New York dream number 12 of being on the same subway car twice fulfilled, right there.



I got a haircut!  It's pretty short, now.  I cut off about 7 inches, so I have a lot less hair now.



We went to The Art of the Brick exhibit at the Discovery museum today, and it was super fun.  There were a whole bunch of pieces of artwork that were all made entirely out of Legos!  Sister Woo, Brother Chen and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment