Thursday, October 3, 2013

And you thought LAST week was good....

Man, life here just keeps getting better and better.

The evening after I last wrote you all, I received a call from President Morgan.  I have been released as a Sister Training Leader and called to be a trainer in Chinatown.  I am going to train again!  Her name is Sister Astel, and I am SUPER excited for her to come.  What's more is that Sister Chan is coming back from Temple Square and will be the third in our happy tri-panionship.

"Why isn't she here today?" you might ask, "isn't today transfers?"  

Yes, it is transfers today, but the MTC didn't want to let Sister Astel and her companion out of the MTC a week early, so they are keeping them and instead Sister Lee (who is also training) get to be companions for a week while we wait for them.  AND we get to go to the mission home to pick them up.  My life is awesome.

We did say goodbye to Sister Woo today, which was hard.  I love Sister Woo and am incredibly grateful for the example she set for me through her service.  I learned lots from her while we were companions.  With her leaving I am now the senior sister in Chinatown, which is a rather strange feeling.  When did I get old in the mission?

The other incredible thing to happen this week was the baptism of seven incredible people into our ward.  I was reminded of Doctrine and Covenants18:10,15-16 as I saw them enter the waters of baptism and make a covenant with God.  I have never been so happy for anyone before!  I know the change that many of them have gone through to follow Christ, and I admire them for it.  Being a member of the Church is not easy for many of the people we teach, but the people that are willing to make the sacrifice receive incredible blessings as a result.

To avoid the risk of going to long and becoming uninteresting, I will leave off here.  Missionary work is the best.  I am excited for the future with my new trainee, and for the avenues that the Lord is opening for us to progress with His work.  I love you all, and will write again next week!

Love,
Sister Beer


BYU Theaterites.  We're pretty awesome.





















One day Sister Woo and I bought matching shoes.  Also, this looks like it belongs in a wedding album.

No comments:

Post a Comment