Thursday, October 24, 2013

To be brief...

Chinatown is still here, we are still doing missionary work, and the pork buns are still delicious.

Do I need to say more?

Okay, maybe I'll say a little.

We have been contacting SO MUCH recently, and it has been awesome.  I think we have been on the streets more in the past couple weeks than I was my entire last cycle.  Hallelujah!  We are finding people who are interested in learning about the gospel, which is great, and we have seen some pretty awesome miracles as a result of our diligence.

Including yesterday, when I went up to the dentist with another sister who needed some work done and had a half hour long conversation in Spanish with a wonderful Peruvian man.  He was patient with me, and I was surprised by how well we communicated.  He even took a mormon.org card at the end of our conversation.  Next step: meet missionaries that actually speak Spanish.

We have had our fair share of awkward missionary moments as well, including an acupuncturist that I contacted massaging my ear in the middle of the sidewalk because I was "too cold" by her definition.  Yep. That happened.

Despite the crazy moments, the Lord loves His children.  That's about what I've learned in the past few weeks.  And He always will.

Love you!

Sister Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment