Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day


I saw that on a woman's umbrella earlier, and it seemed pretty fitting for the day.  It's rainy and gray today in New York City, the perfect day to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I'm pretty excited - it's only one of the most famous art museums in the world, and I get to go with some of the coolest people I know: the Chinatown District.


We went to the armory for Elder Wang, and the music section for Elder Murray (we found out they have free concerts every once in a while) and to the European paintings for me. It was great.


(This helmet is 11 lbs.  Whoa.)


Speaking of our district, we had a new member join us this week!  Elder Ling was transferred from the English program to start a Cantonese program with Elder Mok after an elder came to the field early from the MTC.  So now we officially have 12 missionaries in our district.

Not for long.

Soon, we will have three to four more missionaries joining us.  Next week we are scheduled to get one to two sisters (there have been some VISA issues) and two elders, which means that every companionship in our district will be training except for Elder Mok and Elder Ling. (And the Blairs, of course.)  In case you were all wondering, that does mean that Sister Khong and I will probably both be training by this time next week.  I am SO EXCITED.  It's going to be an amazing period of growth for us and for our trainees, and I am looking forward to the guidance we will receive from the Lord.

Today I studied about the importance of church attendance and receiving revelation through church. It is so important that we go and worship the Lord each week, and do as D&C 59 says by receiving His holy sacrament.  I am so sad when my investigators or my recent converts do not attend Sacrament meeting, because they do not get to participate in this sacred, saving ordinance.  The sacrament allows us to renew our covenants, and recharge our spiritual batteries.  We could go to church every week, but it will not have the same effect if we do not partake of the sacrament.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week, and I invite you all to take a few minutes to think about the blessings the Lord has given you recently.  He loves you, and so do I.

Love,
Sister Beer


Bonus Pictures:


We found this in an English learning resource for kids produced by Disney.  Careful - don't squeeze the hippo too tight.


I made cinnamon rolls with white whole wheat flour and they were DELICIOUS.  Thank you, Mom, for including that recipe in my mission cookbook.  We gave some to Elder Williams for his birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment